27 August 2009

J dates of the Week




My relationship with J Date is similar to that of the men I "meet" on the site. Starts out exciting, often promising but ultimately ends being a disaster. I often "start" j-dating for a few weeks with intensity, saying "yes" to a bunch of dates. After a few weeks of dull dates I slow down. Eventually I will have an absolutely insane "experience" and Amie and my brother will persuade me to stop. Naturally, I become bored a few months later and begin the whole cycle again.

I could write an entire book on J Date. Seriously. I do want to note that I have heard a rumor that the dude who started J Date is married to a non-jewish asian woman (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Right now Jdate and I are in the 'honeymoon" phases. Two dates this week. Brief synopsis :

- Date 1: Meet outside a bar. He has a mustache. I know, you think that I cannot possibly beat mustache but I can. He blurts out, "Just started taking Lexapro and I cannot drink, want to sit on a bench in the park?" (note, its 9 pm and dark). Followed by, " I used to be anorexic". AWESOME

-Date 2: He studied bugs and was wearing a Hawaiian shirt

Taking a sleeping pill. Good night.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I am still trying to figure out what is wrong with Hawaian shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. write the book - will be a bestseller

    ReplyDelete